The MAGA provides a variety of services to its members clubs, their members and the general golfing community of our region. Services are provided through the staff and individual volunteers. These services include:
- Championships – Over 45 days of competition are provided by the MAGA including 9 MAGA Championships, 9 USGA Qualifying Rounds and our Amateur Series of events. Competitions include events for golfers of all ages and abilities. The Staff also conducts rules workshops and assists clubs with course marking and rules interpretation.
- Handicap Service – The Golf Handicap Index Network system (GHIN) is promoted and supported by the MAGA. Currently, there are more than 100 clubs in our region utilizing the GHIN system.
- Course Rating and Measurement – The MAGA Course Rating service is busy each year, MAGA rating teams measure and rate approximately 15 courses using strict USGA guidelines. MAGA rating volunteers are led by Ron Rhoades and Jayne Watson.
- Tournament Management Programs – Tournament Pairing Program, which is supported by the MAGA, offers clubs with an excellent computer-based system to manage competitions.
- Publications and Information – The Association offers its MAGA eNewsletter 8 times per year, eRevisions on the 1st and 15th of the month, calendars, schedules, entry forms, and other golf related literature. MAGA also maintains a web site (http://www.metga.org) for the convenience of golfers everywhere.
- Rules of Golf Services – The MAGA Staff conducts Rules of Golf workshops for its Member Clubs and answers rules disputes under the direction of nationally recognized officials.
- Internship in Golf Administration – The MAGA implements two (2) internships in golf administration education and training program through the USGA’s P.J. Boatwright Jr. Internship Program.
- USGA Liaison – the MAGA monitors national issues, processes reinstatements to amateur status, and conducts qualifying rounds for 7 of the 13 USGA Championships.